Location: San Luis Obispo, California
Benefits: Medical, Dental and Vision insurances, 401K plan with a 6% company match and PTO days
We are looking for an Electronics Assembly Technician capable of supporting engineering development as well as repair of complex inertial navigation equipment. Assembly and testing of measuring and analytical equipment used in the mining exploration industry. Includes assembly and rework of circuit board assemblies, assembly and fitting of small to moderate sized electro-mechanical assemblies, and testing and performance validation of components and completed assemblies.
To be successful
- IPC J-STD-001 training and/or certification in soldering preferred
- Advanced training in electronic theory received at a technical trade school, military training, or an Associate Degree Program preferred
- Experience with Quality Control charts, data collection, and programs is helpful
- Experience with gyros and accelerometers is very helpful
- Excellent soldering and rework skills (surface mount and through hole)
- Must have experience using the following equipment: DVM, oscilloscopes, PC’s, function generator, power supplies, and hand tools,
- Must be able to exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Experience with moderate mechanical repairs and modifications
- Must be able to lift 30-40 lbs
- Complete new electronic assemblies by following established procedures.
- Modify existing PCB assemblies by removing, adding, and/or replacing circuit board components, in accordance with written or verbal instructions.
- Complete new mechanical assemblies by following established procedures.
- Build electronic, mechanical and/or electrical assemblies per engineering drawings, work instructions, schematics, written and verbal instructions.
TESTING OF COMPLETED SUB- AND TOP-LEVEL ASSEMBLIES
- Perform testing of materials at the component, sub-assembly, and complete assembly levels, by following established procedures.
- Operates oscilloscopes, function generator, various meters, power supplies, service monitors and test fixtures, PC’s, and understands their use and function.
IMDEX is a leading global Mining-Tech company with a market cap of $500m+. Via our market leading AMC and REFLEX brands, IMDEX enables successful and cost-effective operations from exploration to production, in both surface and underground applications. Our head office is in Perth, Western Australia, with operations spanning APAC, North America, South America, Europe and Africa.
IMDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing a workplace of respect and inclusiveness.