Please apply at this link (copy and paste to your browser: https://visitslocal.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=56&source=aWQ9MTM%3D
Do not send a resume to the email address on the link.
Position Title: Office Manager
Company: Visit SLO CAL
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Functional Area(s): Operations and Finance
Reports To: VP of Finance
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular, Exempt
Education Required: Four-Year Related Degree (or equivalent experience)
Experience Required: 3+ Years
Salary Range: $50,000-70,000 annual salary plus benefits, DOE
Visit SLO CAL (VSC) is the non-profit countywide destination marketing and management organization (DMMO) for San Luis Obispo County. Its mission is to “Inspire travel and foster our unique experiences to create life-long ambassadors and economic growth for SLO CAL. Its goal is to promote San Luis Obispo County through marketing, advertising, public relations, group sales, promotions, events and sponsorship, branding the region as a choice destination for regional, national and international travelers alike. Visit SLO CAL works in partnership with tourism industry-related businesses including lodging properties, restaurants, wineries, breweries, activities, local community destination marketing organizations and the state tourism organization, Visit California, to create a unified marketing approach that promotes the culinary, coastal and cultural assets of the county. For more information, visit SLOCAL.com.
Are you a master of office management?
Are you detail-oriented and tech-savvy?
Are you able to multi-task and pivot to provide troubleshooting?
Do your organizational systems have their own organizational system?
If you answered yes to these questions, you are a great candidate for the Office Manager position at Visit SLO CAL.
We seek a talented, driven, passionate and collaborative person to supervise our day-to-day office management. Reporting to and supporting the Vice President of Finance, the Office Manager is an integral part of our team. This manager is the hub of connectivity, responsible for assuring the office runs effectively, and efficiently supporting all departments to assure they can deliver results leading to organizational success. This is an extremely fast-paced role, with a lot of moving parts. The ability to multi-task and yield a positive outcome is critical to the success of the role. Deliberate and proactive communication skills are essential. Administrative tasks are the primary day-to-day job duties for this position. The role communicates with all positions in the office and with external parties throughout the county. The Office Manager role is the “glue” that holds the Visit SLO CAL office together.
Here's what your day will look like
You'll be responsible for taking ownership and initiative to ensure our day-to-day operations, IT, systems, accounts receivable and accounts payable and purchasing run effectively and efficiently and on target. Proactive and collaborative communication with department heads, staff and external parties are essential duties of the Office Manager. Everyone at Visit SLO CAL will look to you to keep our operations running smoothly and keep us on track and accountable.
Operations, Physical Resources & IT:
- Oversee daily operations including answering and directing phone calls, manage daily errands including bank deposits, sort and distribute mail daily, manage office mailings, fulfill visitor guide requests, etc.
- Oversee general office management and maintenance, space planning, office improvements, facility management and other building operations
- Oversee office supply inventory and purchasing, including the ordering/re-ordering of business suite items (stationary, business cards, envelopes, etc)
- Implement and maintain day-to-day overall office organization and cleanliness including building exterior
- Interface with external parties responding promptly to all tourism and visitor service related requests via email, phone, etc. as appropriate
- Troubleshoot and manage IT/Systems/Office Equipment including computers, server, phones, copier, and postage machine, while managing related vendors to successfully deliver service
- Recommend and administer approved policies and procedures to enhance operations and initiate new approaches and ideas to ensure effective facilitation and growth of the organization
- Proactively manage office organization, collection of key data and projects including surveys, and CRM updates
- Manage and coordinate multi-department projects, including the Annual Report, End-of-Year Scorecard, etc. ensuring consistent on-time, on-scope, on-budget, on-brand delivery
- Manage swag inventory proactively, working with the departments on reordering
- Assist in logistics and facilitation of Visit SLO CAL events, meetings outings, as needed
- Develop and oversee the Operations budget (General & Administrative) as directed
- Oversee the preparation of presentations and reports, utilizing clear and concise charts, graphics and tables as directed
- Oversee the team calendar, ensuring it is kept up to date
- Oversee all electronic and manual filing systems
- Manage the lifecycle of office technology (computers, projector, electronics) and proactively research and order new technology as directed
- Assist and partner on the training, management, standardization, adoption and effectiveness of existing and new technologies, including Asana, SAP Concur, Datto Workplace server, and the Simpleview CRM
- Develop systems and processes to ensure efficiency organization-wide
- Maintain the organization’s Destination Marketing Accreditation Program (DMAP) accreditation status through annual updates
- Provide logistical assistance to stakeholders in creating and building their website profiles through the extranet, and periodically audit listings
- Retain general understanding of programs to answer questions from stakeholders and visitors
- Travel willingly for limited events, professional development and/or agency collaboration
- Manage confidential information while providing organizational professionalism and support
- General administrative support, as directed
Financial & Compliance:
- Assist with facilitation of accounts receivable and accounts payable initiatives as directed
- Assist with the coordination and development of the annual budget and budget re-forecast processes
- Assist with tracking, planning and facilitation of team projects, flagging projects that are off-track or at-risk
- Assist with monthly financials process
- Assist with enforcement of internal financial controls
- Assist with review of contract agreements and leases to ensure inclusion of Visit SLO CAL’s required provisions
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.B.A./B.S./B.A.) from four-year college or university in business, hospitality & tourism management, or related field
- Minimum of three (3) years office management experience, preferably in the hospitality industry. Non-profit business operations experience a plus. Knowledge/familiarity with business operations as it relates to general accounting, IT and purchasing
- Ability to read, analyze, articulate and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures
- Strong, proactive communication skills (oral and written), including editing and proofreading
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, meet deadlines and resolve conflict in a fast-paced environment
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office and standard computer skills (i.e., electronic mail, word processing, database development, internet usage, etc.) required; destination management software systems and Quick Books experience preferred
- Detail-oriented, methodical and extremely organized work style
- Talent for tracking, multi-tasking and the ability to pivot quickly in a rapidly-changing environment
- Problem solving skills and ability to propose and direct successful solutions
- Ability to work autonomously, yet collaborate with others as needed
- Strong drive and a tendency to thrive in a very fast-paced, ambitious environment
- Professional, adventurous, positive and confident attitude
- Ability and desire to keep information confidential and follow protocol
Visit SLO CAL, an equal opportunity employer, offers an exciting opportunity for qualified, career-motivated professionals. We provide competitive compensation and the chance to work with talented people in a successful, fast-paced and pleasant environment. We offer many premium benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, vacation time and much more.